To book an appointment Please send a referral from your GP to our clinic.
Gaurang graduated from the prestigious M.S.University of Vadodara, India in 2000 and then completed his General Surgical training in 2006. He was awarded Gold Medal for ranking first in General Surgery in the University. Upon moving to Melbourne, Australia for further training he worked in the Austin Health, Heidleberg for three years and Ballarat Health for two years. Gaurang then completed his FRACS in General Surgery from the Alfred Health, Melbourne. After completion of FRACS, Gaurang worked in Townsville University Hospital in North Queensland for further training. He enjoys teaching medical interns and registrars via an honorary appointment at the University of Melbourne. Gaurang has joined the Shepparton Surgical and Endoscopy Group and operates at Sheparton Private Hospital, Goulburn Valley Health and Numurkah District Hospital.
Other Surgical Interests:
– Anorectal conditions for haemorrhoids, fissure, fistula and prolapse
– Laparoscopic and open colorectal surgery for cancer, diverticular disease and inflammaotry bowel disease
– All types of hernia surgery (laparoscopic and open)
– Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy and bile duct surgery for stones
– Emergency general surgery for appendicitis, bowel obstruction, perforation, compicated hernias, trauma
– Laparoscopic and open Splenectomy
– Skin and subcutaneous lesions excision, carpal tunnel release and ingrown toenails
– Vasectomy and Hydrocele surgery
– Diagnostic and therapeutic gastroscopy and colonoscopy (PEG tubes, Dilatation of stricture, EMR)